Sunday, August 3, 2014

She's Out of the Water

The business around here continues. However, I finally found the time to get ole Sal out of the water and onto the trailer. This will be a short post as I have more pictures and a few videos to download and I still have to get her home. 

Boatel forklift lifting mast off, it didn't cost me anything. Big savings!

Here the boat is set on the trailer. At this point she was a bit wobbly up there with no bow support and only 2 hull supports. I had to move her to a place with electricity where I could fabricate and weld rest of the supports

There is the trailer and boat, long project almost finished

Perfect!

Adding bow support before heading home for the day. I was tired

Returned the next day to add the remainder of the hull supports

There she is on a finished trailer, I tried to keep the supports away from hull so I can work on it, Looks pretty good I think.

I will post more pictures and a few video as I get them downloaded. I am off to marina this morning to crane mast up on boat and secure it. If rain holds out for a few days I will be able to get her into my yard.


7 comments:

  1. Great job...May you have a safe ride home with her...love mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mom, everything but the weather has gone according to plan. She should be at the house in a few days!

      Delete
  2. I hope the trailer holds up to the task.

    Nice work on the supports. Hope the work you do goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope trailer holds up too:)....when they set the boat on there the trailer didn't flex at all. I ready did try to over build it so I would not have to worry about the trailer but I am still nervous. I will be uploading some video of process soon. Thanks for following

      Delete
  3. It is looking good! That must have been both a nerve-racking and rewarding day wrapped in to one. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Are you hauling yourself or do you hire a truck?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Galley, I am going to pull her home this weekend with a friends F350 Dually Diesel....moved it with that truck the other day a short distance...Truck seemed up to the task quite easily...just not sure I am! I will post pics of that adventure!

    ReplyDelete